Monday, July 8, 2013

Face of the Day - Daytime Glam




     Hi Everyone! I hope you're having a good start to the week! As I was doing my makeup this morning, I knew I wanted to do a toned-down smoky eye - alluring, yet wearable for daytime. So I got out my Nude 'Tude palette and started playing! I really like what I came up with!
 
First off, the face.
 

  • Rimmel Fix &Perfect Pro Primer
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation in 100 Ivory
  • Covergirl + Olay Concealer Balm in 330 Light
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 004 Sandstorm
  • Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light (dusted lightly over entire face)
  • Can you tell I love my Rimmel face products? :)
  • elf Cool Bronzer as my contour
  • Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush in Pearlescent Pink
  • NYX Mosaic Powder in Dare (lightly dusted over blush for some glow)

Now, onto the eyes.


 

  • I filled in my brows using NYX's Nude Matte Shadow in Betrayal and a liner brush
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion (the original cream colored one) all over the lid
  • These next steps are all with shades out of The Balm's Nude 'Tude palette. First, I patted Stubborn, a beautiful pink shade, on the inner half of my eyelid.
  • Then Selfish, a gorgeous shimmery taupe, on the outer half of my lid, as well as blending it into the crease.
  • I then took Sexy, a matte burgundy/plum shade, and concentrated that on my outer V. I blended everything slightly with my Sigma E40 brush.
  • I used the shimmery peach/pink color called Stand-offish as my inner corner and brow bone highlight.
  • Lined my upper and lower lash lines with Sexy
  • Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara on upper and lower lashes

  • I finished the look off with a coat of Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Whisper
     This may seem like a lot of steps, but it really didn't take long at all! I love this look, and know I'm going to be using it a lot in the future. I will sometimes fall in the habit of using the same two or three shades in a particular palette, and sort of falling into a rut, but the way this turned out has inspired me to keep experimenting with different shade combinations. :) Do you have any favorite combinations using this palette? I'd love to hear them!

<3 Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment