Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fall Makeup Haul

     Hi Everyone! Today I wanted to share a few things with you that I've purchased over the past few weeks. I like to make the rounds at my local CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid at least every two weeks, sometimes every week, and just pick up a few things here and there, depending on what's on sale and what catches my eye. I've been on the lookout especially for things that just say "fall" to me. :)


Sorry about the glare, guys - it was super sunny out today!

  • Wet n Wild Fergie Collection Nail Color in Emerald Rock City - this is a deep shimmery emerald shade that I thought would be perfect for the Christmas season. I've never tried the Fergie nail polish, I hope I like the formula! 
  • Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color in Haze of Love - this is my favorite line of nail polish, I love the brush, the formula, the price, and the wide selection of colors. I highly recommend these! This is a beautiful, creamy burgundy color that will go right from fall into winter.
  • Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color in Private Viewing - a lovely pale pink color that looks like it will still go on opaque. 
  • Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Let's Meet - Being from central Pennsylvania, I'm a huge fan of all the Pittsburgh sports teams! I wanted to do some football nails that incorporated the Steelers, so this will come in handy. (Our colors are black and gold.)
  • Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color in Wet Cement - I've been seeing this color a lot around the blogosphere lately and had to pick it up! It's a pale lavender/gray color.
  • Wet n Megalast Nail Color in Under Your Spell - what a gorgeous color! It's a rich, shimmery deep burgundy, perfect for winter.
  • Wet n Wild Coloricon Blusher in Berry Shimmer - contrary to what the name says, there's no shimmer in this, it's more of a satin finish. A beautiful berry shade, once again perfect for fall.
  • Salon Perfect Color Enhance Lashes in Plum - I thought these looked so cool! They're Demi Wispies, one of my favorite types of lashes, and they have deep purple hairs mixed in with the black. Can't wait to use these and see how they look on the eyes!
  • L'Oreal Colour Riche LaLaque in Never Laque-ing - I was really excited when I found these in my local Rite Aid! They (along with the LeMattes) are limited edition, and I've heard some people say that they're already being discounted in some stores. This is a beautiful wearable pink shade with a little bit of shine. 
  • L'Oreal Colour Riche LeMatte in Matte-r of Fact - straight up dark burgundy. I usually prefer mattes when I'm wearing darker shades, so I'm liking this one. 
  • Jordana 12 Hr Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil in Black Point - I am absolutely in love with this line of pencils! It's a deep, dark, rich black, and it stays put all day! At $2.99, I see this becoming my go-to black eyeliner.
  • Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Cranberry Crush - I was just slightly disappointed in the color, in my opinion it's almost more of a fuchsia color than cranberry. I was expecting it to be darker. That being said, I love the formula, I just see it being more of a spring/summer color for me.
  • Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine - I think these putty-like blushes really give a nice fresh look to the cheek. 
  • Revlon Photoready Bronzer in Bronzed & Chic - I've been wanting this for while after hearing Emily Noel over on Beauty Broadcast rave about it, but I was kind of put off by the $13 price tag for a drugstore bronzer. I ended up getting this one for $3 at CVS by combining a sale, a coupon, and my CVS bucks!

From top to bottom:
Bronzed & Chic
Berry Shimmer
Plum Wine
Black Point
Matte-r of Fact
Never Lacque-ing
Cranberry Crush

     Have you tried any of these products? If you'd like to see looks or reviews on any of them, just let me know!

     Have a wonderful day!

<3 Vanessa

     I've been wanting to do something for a while at the end of my blogs that two of my favorite bloggers - Emily at Beauty Broadcast and Lily at Beauty with Lily - do. As with all of you, my life is not one dimensional, and includes a lot more than makeup. :) These little snippets at the end of my posts will just give you a little peek into my world, and allow me to share some things other than makeup with you!

Vanessa's World ~
- The weather here has just been perfect lately! Mid 50s and sunny, just the way I like it for fall!
- Picked up some doughnuts this morning from my favorite bakery, Mamie's. They are to die for!!
- I'm planning on dressing up as a witch this year to take my kids trick-or-treating. Are any of you dressing up for Halloween?



12 comments:

  1. Great post! I have also considered putting little blips about my day life at the end of my blogs, I also like hearing about peoples lives outside makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You totally should put little blips at the end of your post! It really helps everyone get to know each other better!

      Delete
  2. That's a great haul, I do the same and check out my Rite-Aid, Walgreens and CVS by me once a week see if they have stocked up on new Fall beauty products.
    I love the nail polish colors you got, I have never tried WnW polishes but I only read good stuff about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Jackie! I can't recommend the WnW polishes enough!

      Delete
  3. Those blushes look great! I have pickedup the plum wine blush several times but always put it back - you've just convinced me to get it!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I think it's so awesome the way we all help and influence each other! :)

      Delete
  4. Love the things you picked up! I have the Wet n Wild Haze of Love nail polish. It's absolutely gorgeous! Their blushers are amazing as well! I have three. You picked up some awesome things! :)

    www.beautyandbliss67.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hope! Wet n Wild can do no wrong in my opinion when it comes to their polishes, blushers, and eye trios!

      Delete
  5. You got some great things Vanessa! The only L'Oreal lip product from the new line I found was I Laque You A Lot, which is a reddish orange color. I also love the WnW polishes! Great price too! I recently bought Berry Shimmer too, I had been looking for it everywhere and finally found it.

    I need to rename my nuggets section...give me ideas? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Lily - I've been wanting to do the nuggets section for so long now, the only thing holding me back was that I couldn't figure out a name! I'm still not satisfied with "Vanessa's World", but I decided to go with it since I've been wanting to do it for so long! :) If I think of something better I'll be changing it!! :)

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed your haul. You got some really great things. I love all the polishes and he lip colors. The Jordana eyeliner and the Twist and Shine are completely amazing! Thanks for sharing. (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! Cranberry crush is such a pretty color!
    I've been looking all over for le matte's and la laque's!): I have no rite aid's in my state :/

    http://ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete