Thursday, July 4, 2013

June Favorites!

     Happy Fourth of July!! Hope you're all having a fun and relaxing day! My day is pretty low key today, we have family coming in this weekend. So I thought now was as a good time as any to post my June Favorites! :)


     First up is my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte powder. My shade is in 004 Sandstorm. I've been reaching for this literally everyday this month! This powder is wonderful for giving a nice matte finish to the skin and keeping the shine down. The package says it controls shine for up to 5 hours, but I find it to be a little longer than that! (I don't have oily skin, but my nose and chin tend to get a little shiny in the summer.) You can't beat the price on this either ($4-$6), especially when Rimmel is often on sale at drugstores.
 

     I think one of the keys to getting a nice, non-powdery finish with powders is to use a good quality powder brush. (I learned this the hard way!) One I have been loving is my powder brush by Real Techniques. It's so soft and silky feeling on the skin! It swirls so perfectly in your powder, and just gives such a nice finish! I got mine at Ulta for $9.99.


     Next up is something I got in my June Ipsy bag. It's the NYX Mosaic Powder Blush in Dare. It's a blend of 5 different shades, some matte and some shimmer. When your swirl your brush over them, you get this beautiful light rose gold shade with a hint of shimmer. The way I've been using this is almost as a highlight. I like my cheeks to be glowy, especially in the summer, so if I'm wearing a matte blush, I'll just brush a little of this over top, and it gives my cheeks a beautiful glow! This sells for $7 on the NYX website, and they also have quite a few other shades that I'm interested in!


     Ahhh, Maybelline Color Tattoos...who doesn't love them?! One I've been reaching for so often this month is Bad to the Bronze. I think that this is one of the more popular shades, as I hear a lot of other blogs talking about it, and they always seem to be sold out! I love wearing this shade alone all over the lid and blending it up into the crease. It takes almost no effort, looks so beautiful, and literally stays all day without creasing or smudging! This is between $6-$8 at most drugstores.


     Lastly is the Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color in Hot Candy. I love the whole Megalast line of nail polishes, and this is such a fun, gorgeous shade! This is $2 at drugstores.


 
Left - NYX Mosaic Powder
Right - Maybelline Color Tattoo

     That's it for my June favorites! I can't believe how fast the month just flew by. I hope you are all enjoying your summer! Thanks for reading!

<3 Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. I also Love the Wet n Wild megalast nail polishes. I love the wide brush that they have it makes it so much easier to apply the polish! Great Post!!
    http://allnightbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aren't they great? I think they're comparable to the Sally Hansen Complete Manicure, only much cheaper :)

      Delete